- Regular and automatable storage scans
- Recognize increased disk space on folder level
- Identify unnecessary files
- Automated reporting via OLE Automation
- Cross-platform SSH and Exchange mailboxes scans
SpaceObServer is a powerful and flexible hard disk space manager for Windows which stores file system information in a database.
The software is available as Standard and Enterprise Edition. Why SpaceObServer:
Comparison of the EditionsSpaceObServer is available as Standard and Enterprise Edition. The editions can be combined, e.g. to complement the Enterprise Edition by any number of Standard Editions.
|Scan server locally or remote|
|Scan more than one server|
|Space usage history|
|Integrated system service|
|SSH scans (scan Linux & Unix systems)|
|Exchange mailboxes Scans|
|NTFS Change Journals Analysis|
|Exports via OLE Automation interface|
- Track Disk Space Usage Continuously in the Background
- The SpaceObServer Agent scans selected drives and stores the collected data in an SQL database.
- Scan network drives without the need to install additional software on the server.
- Scan all shares of a complete server at the touch of a button orschedule scans.
- SpaceObServer can access the NTFS Change Journals of local drives and updates information about local NTFS drives continuously.
- Determine disk space occupied by Exchange mailboxes (right down to folder level).
- Linux and Unix file systems can usually be scanned via NFS (Network File System) or Samba – the Enterprise Edition allows you to scan them directly via SSH (Secure Shell).
- Analyze Disk Space
- The size of each folder is displayed directly in the file system tree: easily discover which folders occupy most of your hard disk space.
- Visualize disk space usage and track down unwanted files with several visualization options.
- A space usage history shows development over time and provides an approximated forecast for the future.
- View, print and export 3D bar, pie, line charts and tree maps.
- Scanned directories can be merged in "containers", allowing analyses across drives, e.g. search for duplicate files.
- Statistics can be grouped by users or file extensions.
- Remote access
- The SpaceObServer Remote Client (sold separately) offers access to all scan results from different workstations in your network.
- Search for Files
- The highly customizable file search allows filtering your files by size, last change, last access and creation date, extension, filename and path pattern, file attributes, owner or full path length.
- Filter options are applied directly to the directory tree and all other views.
- Duplicate files can be identified by the MD5 checksum of their content or a combination of name, size and last change date, for even easier deduplication operations.
- Clean up Disk Space
- Checked directories and files can be easily moved, zipped or deleted. You can choose to keep file permissions and create stub files for moved files.
- State of the art deduplication-feature: SpaceObServer can replace duplicate files with NTFS hardlinks.
- SpaceObServer supports file based NTFS compression, hardlinksand alternate data streams (ADS).
- Export Results
- Print reports showing the directory structure or save them as XLS, XLSX, XML, PDF, RTF, Text- or HTML- files or export them to the clipboard.
- Charts can be exported in the common graphic formats JPG, GIF and PNG.
- The SpaceObServer Enterprise Edition offers automated Reporting via OLE Automation
- The OLE Automation interface allows scheduling your exports from within your own scripts or applications.
- All programming languages that offer an OLE Automation interface are supported (e.g. C#, VBScript, VB.NET, Delphi, Windows PowerShell, VBA in Microsoft Office).
- Programming examples are included.
- Complete NTFS support
- SpaceObServer supportsUnicode file and folder names.
- File-based NTFS compression.
- Alternate Data Streams (ADS) and Hardlinks are shown.
- SpaceObServer finds and processes file paths exceeding 255 characters.
- NTFS permissions can be analysed.
- Customized View
- Visibility and order of the columns can be configured for the details view and each export type separately.
- You can easily customize the output format, e.g. number of decimals, size unit (Byte, KB, MB, GB, TB or automatic display of an appropriate size unit) etc.
- SpaceObServer supports:
- Unicode file and directory names.
- The Explorer context menu within the SpaceObServer interface.
- File Paths longer than 255 characters.
Take a visual tour and learn how to manage your disk space with SpaceObServer continuously and transparently: Visual Tour Main Program Chart: Functionality of SpaceObServer
SpaceObServer Price (USD)
|Standard Edition - Single License||$229.95|
|Standard Edition - 10 Server License||$1,799.00|
|Standard Edition - 50 Server License||$5,699.00|
|Enterprise Edition - Single License||$329.95|
|Enterprise Edition - 10 Server License||$2,649.00|
|Enterprise Edition - 50 Server License||$8,299.00|