- Merge two Excel spreadsheets in 5 easy steps.
- Use one or several columns as the matching criteria.
- Update existing columns in the master worksheet or add new ones from the lookup table.
Merge Tables Wizard for Excel
Merge Tables Wizard for Excel
Merge two worksheets in Excel 2010-2003
Merge Tables Wizard add-in for Excel 2010, 2007, 2003 Merge Tables Wizard is an easy-to-understand and convenient-to-use alternative to Excel Lookup/Vlookup functions. This smart add-in can match and merge two worksheets in Excel 2010-2003 in seconds.
Merge Excel worksheets perfectly without copying and pasting!Just imagine this: you have two or more spreadsheets containing information about your company's products. What you need is to look up and merge data from these sheets in Excel really quickly.For example, you have 2 Excel tables - "Orders" and "Prices" and they both have a column with the "Product ID". You want to match Excel worksheets by "ProductID", update the "Price" column and add the "Product description" column from the Second sheet (let's call it Lookup Table) to your Main sheet (Master Table).If you try to merge Excel spreadsheets manually, it will take you hours, if not days! You will have to go through each row in the master table to lookup the matching row in the second spreadsheet. After that you will spend even more time on updating the selected rows and adding a new column from the lookup table to the main worksheet.Does all this sound too complicated and time consuming? Probably yes, even if you decide to employ the standard Microsoft Excel Vlookup, Match, Lookup functions . But definitely not, if you use our Merge Tables Wizard.This handy add-in is perfect for looking up and merging two Excel worksheets into one by copying matching data from the specified columns. The two tables can be located in the same Microsoft Excel file or in two different workbooks. The intuitive and smart wizard guides you through the merge process. Rows from two Excel spreadsheets with different number of columns will be combined perfectly without copying and pasting!With Merge Tables Wizard for Excel you can
- Merge data from two Excel worksheets in 5 easy steps.
- Use one or several key columns as the lookup criteria.
- Add new columns to the main table or update the existing ones.
- Add non-matching rows to the end of the table after all other data.
- Merge Excel files from different workbooks.
- Color updated rows; a variety of different colors are available.
- Ignore extra spaces in matching columns.
- Update only empty cells in your Master Table if you don't want to overwrite the existing values.
- Update only if cells from Lookup Table contain data.
- Add a Status column to the Master table that will reflect the changes and mark rows as: "Updated", "Non-updated", "New row".
- Update. The data will be copied from the Lookup table and pasted into the corresponding column of the Master table.
- Add to the end. The new column will be added to the Main table.
- You can also choose to Add non-matching rows to the end of the table. It means that rows that appear only in the Lookup table will be copied to the end of the Master table underneath all other rows.
- You can update only empty cells in your Master table. Check this option if you don't want to overwrite existing values in your main table.
- Update the Master table value only if the corresponding cell from the Lookup table contains data. Check this option, if you want to ignore empty cells in the Lookup table.
- Ignoring extra spaces in matching columns will ensure the most accurate results. When you import data in Microsoft Excel from external data sources, it often comes with some extra spaces that are of course invisible for a human eye. If you select this option, the Merge Tables Wizard will ignore excess spaces and you will never be bemused by the question why those rows were not merged while their matching columns look exactly the same!
- You can choose to add a Status column that reflects all the changes made to your Master table, allowing you to filter only updated rows, non-updated rows, or new rows for your further analysis.
- And finally, you can color updated cells in order to see all the changes at a glance.
Merge Tables for Excel screenshotsSelect common columns, i.e. the columns that will be compared and matchedChoose which columns to update and which add to the end of your main tableChoose additional merging optionsA few seconds and data from 2 Excel files are merged perfectly!
HOW TO INSTALL THE ADD-IN FOR SEVERAL USERSIntroductionYour company purchased several licenses of the add-in. Now you, as administrator, need to install the software for your end-users and naturally you want to do this quickly and smoothly.All you need is the add-in's setup file (Download) and some folder on your network drive accessible by all users for which the add-in should be installed.A few bits of helpful information
- The setup files of all our add-ins are Windows installer packages (.MSI) and they support all Windows Installer command-line options.
- The add-in is installed only for the current user account, not for all users of the system.
- The license is per user, not per machine. You can install the add-in on 3 machines of the same user.
- Add-ins are installed into the user's personal folder, administrative or power-user permissions are not required.
- Our add-ins are compatible with all personal and server operating systems starting with version 2000.
- To track installations we use the online activation system on our activation server. The activation key is bound to the Hardware ID, which is a combination of hardware serial numbers.
- Single Terminal Server. Our add-ins work fine.
- A group of Terminal Servers with load balancing, a user has a roaming profile. Since activation is bound to the Hardware ID, it is lost every time the user switches to a new server. The good news is that it is solvable :-), please contact us.
- Download the latest version of the setup file (Download)
- Unpack the downloaded setup file to any folder.
- Run the setup in order to create a network image. To do this, enter the following string into the command line:
msiexec /a excel-addins-collection.msi
- This will run the Setup wizard. On step 3 called "Installation settings", browse for a network folder in which a network image will be created. Enter your Registration name and Registration key in the corresponding fields. It should look similar to this:
- Finish the process and wait until the network image is created.
- You can create a network image silently. If you dislike working with wizards and want to save some more time, you can specify the setup folder and license info in the command line when running the setup file. Here are the command-line options (switches):
TARGETDIR="setup folder" REGISTRATIONNAME="" and REGISTRATIONKEY=""- your license information.Here is how it looks in our example:
msiexec /a excel-addins-collection.msi TARGETDIR="Z:_Setups\Ablebits Add-ins Collection for Excel" REGISTRATIONNAME="Add-in Express Ltd." REGISTRATIONKEY="EACL2-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX"In this case the wizard will not disturb you; it will go unnoticeable and create a network image in the specified folder silently.
- Add a rule for activatenow.com to your firewall settings , or
- Ask your users to activate the add-in manually. To do this, they need to click the key icon at the bottom of the add-in's window or pane, choose "Manual Activation" and click the Go button on the next step. The activatenow.com page containing the activation code will open in their browser. They need to copy it and paste into the "Activation code" field, then click Next.
|Quantity||Price per license (USD)|
|2 to 4||$47.45|
|5 to 9||$44.96|
|10 to 24||$39.96|
|25 to 49||$34.97|
|50 to 74||$29.97|
|75 to 99||$24.98|