Foxit® PDF IFilter
Foxit® PDF IFilter
Super-fast indexing allows users to index a large amount of PDF documents and then quickly find text within these documents on desktop and server systems.
Foxit® PDF IFilter – Server Search for PDF Documents with the Fastest PDF IFilter on the Market Foxit’s PDF IFilter provides super-fast indexing allowing users to index a large amount of PDF documents and then quickly find desired documents by specifying search criteria. Built on Microsoft®‘s IFilter indexing interface, Foxit PDF IFilter extracts data from PDF documents and returns the index results to search engine software. It goes beyond Adobe® and indexes PDF content, titles, subjects, authors, keywords, annotations, bookmarks, attachments, create time/date, number of pages, and the names of the creating applications. This results in more precise search results. PDF documents can be rapidly searched on the desktop, a corporate server, or via the Web through keywords. These PDF documents can be files, email attachments, or database records. Unique Multi-Core Support Delivers Fastest Search Available PDF IFilter is designed to unleash the computing power of today’s advanced server architectures to perform crawls at blazing speeds. Unlike other IFilter products, it takes full advantage of today’s multi-core server architectures, is thread safe, and is available for both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems – making it the absolutely fastest PDF IFilter available. Reduces Customers Total Cost of Ownership PDF IFilter’s superior performance and scalability reduce customers’ total cost of ownership through decreased costs of server hardware, data center floor space, power and cooling, and administration. Compatible with Your Existing Environment Foxit PDF IFilter supports multiple languages, including Asian languages, with ease. PDF IFilter supports indexing of ISO 32000-1 (which based upon PDF 1.7), PDF-A, and Adobe PDF files. Free 30-Day Trial Evaluate Foxit’s PDF IFilter with a FREE 30-DAY TRIAL and discover how quickly and easily you can search for PDF documents with the industry’s best PDF IFilter product.
Plug-In for Search Engines Based on Microsoft's IFilter Index InterfaceFoxit PDF IFilter is a robust implementation of Microsoft®'s IFilter indexing interface. It works with all search and retrieval products supporting the IFilter interface (for example, SharePoint® and SQL Server®). Such products use format-specific filter programs (called IFilters) for particular file formats (for example, HTML). Foxit PDF IFilter is such a program, aimed at PDF documents. The user interface for searching the documents may be Windows Explorer, a web browser, database frontend, query script, or a custom application.Foxit PDF IFilter acts as a plug-in for full-text search engines. A search engine usually works in two steps:
- The search engine goes through a designated place (a file folder or a database), indexes all documents or newly modified documents (including PDF documents), and then stores indexing results in an internal database.
- Users specify keywords they would like to search, the search engine looks up the indexing results in the internal database, and then responding to users with all the documents that contain the specified keywords.
- Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- SQL Server
- Windows Indexing Server
- FAST Search Server
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows 2000
PDF IFilter Features and BenefitsOptimized index capability
- Super-fast indexing allows users to search more documents in less time. Unique memory management supports multi-threading and takes full use of multi-core/multi-CPU servers.
- Support the PDF documents that you currently have.
- Flexible packaging to meet different user needs.
- Find PDF documents by indexing PDFs' content.
- Find PDF documents by indexing PDFs’ titles, authors, subjects, keywords, etc.
- Find PDF documents by indexing annotation, bookmark and attachment information.
- Enhance the user experience and notify developers should an error occur.
- Increased performance - takes advantage of leading server architectures.
- Support your worldwide user base.
- Compatible with your existing environment.
Performance ComparisonFoxit PDF IFilter - Server Test, with SharePoint 2010 by Jie Li's GreekWorldFoxit PDF IFilter - Server 2.0 gets a first look from an experienced independent software reviewer at MSDN Blogs. This in-depth review provides unbiased benchmarking results on Foxit PDF IFilter - Server 2.0 compated to other IFilter software.Key test results include:
- Data Set Crawl Time
- Foxit PDF IFilter - Server 2.0 finished the full crawl in just 13 minutes
- 6x faster than TET PDF IFilter
- 39x faster than Adobe PDF IFilter
- AVG. Files per secondCPU Usage
- 29.02 files per second on SharePoint 2010*64
- 3x better than Foxit PDF IFilter - Server VERSION 1.0.
- CPU Usage
- Foxit PDF IFilter - Server 2.0 averages 90% CPU with multiple cores
- TET 100% CPU all the time with multiple cores
- Adobe no multi-core support.
Installation InstructionsFoxit PDF IFilter comes in a 32-bit and 64-bit Windows® version. Select the version that matches your system requirements.Sample Installation - Microsoft® Office® SharePoint Server®To install Foxit PDF IFilter with Microsoft Office SharePoint Server, please follow these simple steps:Please note that Microsoft Office SharePoint Server has been installed successfully.
- Download Foxit PDF IFilter onto the machine where you wish to install it.
- Stop the IIS Admin service: Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administrator Tools > Services > IIS Admin Service > Stop. Close window.
- Run the Foxit PDF IFilter Setup program to install the IFilter on the server.
- Download PDF icon from http://www.foxitsoftware.com/images/icons/pdficon.gif.
- Copy the downloaded .GIF file to "Drive:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\Template\Images".
- Edit the file "Drive:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web server extensions\14\Template\Xml\DOCICON.XML"
- Right-click DOCICON.XML file > click Open With > select Notepad.
- Add an entry for the .pdf extension. For example, where ICPDF is the name of the .gif file:<Mapping Key="pdf" Value="pdficon.gif"/>
- On the File menu, click Save, and then quit Notepad.
- Perform an iisreset:
- Click Start > Run > type "cmd" in the Open line > click OK > type "iisreset" at the command prompt > hit Enter.
- Close the window.
- Cisco Systems
- NEC Corporation
- Amdocs Ltd
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Corel Corporation
- Harris Corporation
- US Air Force
- US Army
- US Navy
- Missile Defense Agency
- Iowa National Guard
- The Department of Transportation
- US Bureau of Land Management
- State of Washington, Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction
- US Courts
- Morgan Stanley
- JPMORGAN CHASE & CO.
- PNC Bank (National City)
- Great American Insurance Group
- Lloyds TSB
- Wells Fargo
- Raymond James
- Procter & Gamble
- Kraft foods
- General Mills
- RITE AID
- Del Monte Foods
- Sutter Health
- Genesis HealthCare
- Edwards Lifesciences LLC.
- University of Rochester Medical Center
- Enterprise Healthcare Systems, Inc.
- Sony Ericsson
- Pitney Bowes
- Harvard University
- Vanderbilt University
- Saint John's University
- College of Saint Benedict
- Apollo Group
- Briar Cliff University
- Metro PCS
- Phillips Medical
- ABB France
- Hunt Petroleum
- Southern Company
- Random House
- Harper Collins
- New York Times
|Number of User Licenses||Price( US$ )|
|PDF IFilter - Server Edition||$699.00 per server|
|PDF IFilter - Desktop Edition||$20.00 per desktop (volume pricing may apply)|
|Test/Development Server||$449.00 per server|
|Production Server: Annual phone/email support and major/minor software updates||$149.00 per server|